Wednesday, March 28, 2018

Simplicity








Simplicity, silence and solitude are the three Spiritual Practices that I need to grow in the most this year. I made it one of my New Year’s resolutions to do all 12 Christian Spiritual Practices with excellence this year. One lifestyle change I want to make to create a life of simplicity is to spend fewer hours on social media each week. I’ve decided to stick to only Instagram and Facebook in the future. I won’t be blogging anymore after this week, but I’ll leave the blog up for another 6 months or so, in case anyone wants to read through old blog posts. On Instagram my account name is: the_futuristas

I badly need to establish simplicity in my “online lifestyle”. I look forward to focusing on only two different accounts from now on: Instagram and Facebook. I don’t need to spend time and effort on updating a blog, Twitter, Snapchat or a Youtube channel every week. Life is about so much more than spending time online. I love social media, I just want to spend fewer hours online every week and more hours face to face (in real life) with all the people I love.

Simplicity, silence and solitude are the areas where I need to grow the most, but I aim to see growth in all 12 Christian Spiritual Practices during 2018. Here’s the whole list:

1. Simplicity
2. Silence
3. Solitude
4. Prayer
5. Confession
6. Meditation (on the Word)
7. Study (of the Word)
8. Fasting
9. Sabbath
10. Giving
11. Service
12. Worship


No comments:

Post a Comment