Thursday, December 4, 2014

It's the holiday season!



Last week we drove down to New York to support my sister-in-law who has been sick for a long time. It was surprisingly warm in NYC, people were ice skating in their t-shirts.


I spent Black Friday in New York but didn't shop a single thing, I'm on a shopping stop after all. It wasn't really that hard to stay away from shopping after all. I don't really like sales, I rather shop when it's less crowded.


We had time for some sight-seeing in between hospital visits, it was wonderful to be able to walk around without a coat on.
 
 
Once we headed back to Toronto we got to enjoy some real holiday weather, the beautiful snowy mountains of upstate New York.


On Saturday we celebrated the Finnish holiday "Little Christmas". I got a Little Christmas present from Mom that I really needed, a new pair of warm socks for winter season.


Back in Toronto we decided to get some of our Christmas shopping done. Yorkdale mall was beautifully decorated for the holiday season.


This year the Eaton centre downtown Toronto is inhabited by some really big reindeer. I love this time of year, I love decorating the house for the holidays and planning what to cook for Christmas dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment