Wednesday, July 27, 2016

Man, I've got a lot of issues!









Marriage and parenthood are things that really make sense to me, I feel like I partly understand why God created them. You can choose to keep friends and relatives at a comfortable distance if you want, but your kids and spouse will always be around you. Few things will help us grow more in life than marriage and parenthood. I honestly thought that I was “a good person” until I met my husband and got married, then I realized how many issues I have. It was a very sobering experience. Sometimes I wonder how in the world my husband even agreed to marry me. I was seriously self-centered, immature and negative when I got married. Today I’m still very, very far from being perfect but it’s exciting to see how far I’ve come!


My husband is my greatest cheerleader in life and he believes in me even when I don’t believe in myself. He definitely helps me grow and mature both spiritually and mentally every year, and he tells me I do the same for him. I’m assuming this must be why marriage and parenthood were created, to help us grow. Few things will be more challenging in life than marriage and parenthood, but our kids and spouse can also be our best “personal trainers” when it comes to growing stronger mentally and spiritually every year.



No comments:

Post a Comment