Tuesday, June 20, 2017

From Spring to Summer




Tomorrow is the first official day of Summer in North America! I feel like Spring 2017 went by crazy fast, but I don't mind at all. I'm allergic to pollen so Spring isn't exactly my favorite season of the year. This year we also had an unusually rainy spring in Toronto with very high water levels in Lake Ontario. The black flies love the damp weather and this spring they put a stop to my biking workouts. When I happily went for my first biking workout in May I ended up getting these mini flies in my nose, eyes, mouth, everywhere. I decided that biking will have to wait until Spring is over and until all these tiny but annoying flies DIE! Thank God they only live for a short time during spring!




I took this picture on a beautiful spring day when I was so happy to be able to wear my spring jacket for the first time.




This was the year when I got excited about landscaping. I got a lot of inspiration during my morning walks this Spring, as I looked at my neighbors' beautiful front yards. I love the pink tulips in this front yard! Next year I want to plant tons of tulips in our yard. This is life after 30, the things that excite me today are quite different than ten years ago. Let's just say that gardening was not an interest of mine in my twenties.




Signs of Spring. When you can enjoy a good book and an iced latte without freezing to death.




Now Spring is over and Summer has arrived, I enjoy that everything in the suburbs is so green this time of year.




One of our favorite things that my husband and I like to do together is take walks along the lakefront just before sunset and catch up on each other's day.




We enjoy the beautiful sunset for awhile and then we go home and go straight to bed. The sun goes down around 9:30PM this time of year in Toronto.




Signs of Summer. I had my first glass of Sangria on our Date Night with my husband two weeks ago, it's officially summer!



No comments:

Post a Comment