Thursday, June 29, 2017

You don't have to settle





I remember being single and asking my friend if my expectations on men were too high. I had been dating many men who were the opposite of gentlemen and since there were so many of them out there I started to doubt if I was ever going to find someone better. I chose to be patient and not lower my standards. One year later I met the love of my life.

We will be tested in life in many different ways but settling is never the right option. Choosing to settle for a man who says that he loves you but who doesn't show you any respect will only lead to pain. If we choose to keep our hopes up and believe that the right guy is out there we will get to meet him one day.

My husband and I have both said that if we would have met each other one, two or five years earlier our relationship would have never worked. We weren't ready for each other before the day we met. We both had our own issues to work on and if we hadn't worked on those things prior to meeting each other our relationship would have failed. After you have worked on your own issues and developed great character "the one" will come find you. When the timing is right it will happen.


No comments:

Post a Comment