Tuesday, January 5, 2016

One year in a few pictures



I like taking a moment to think about the year that has passed and feel thankful for all the wonderful things I got to enjoy during the past twelve months.


The winter of 2015 was cold and we had a lot of snow in Toronto that I could enjoy.


In February my parents came to visit us in Toronto and we decided to take a trip to Collingwood together.


We visited the Scandinavian Spa in Collingwood which was an awesome experience, I dream of going back there again in 2016.


Spending a lot of quality time with my family during the winter was wonderful, we had a lot of fun!


In March my husband and I celebrated our 3rd wedding anniversary. We celebrated with a mini version of the same kind of cake that we had for our wedding three years ago. I love being married and I love the taste of wedding cake!


During the spring of 2015 I enjoyed looking at all the beautiful flowers in the suburbs.


I love tulips, and the park is so beautiful during the spring!


We decided to take a road trip down south during the spring, we spent a few days at Myrtle Beach, SC and a couple of days at Virginia Beach, VA.


Vacation time, my husband and the beach, what else can a girl ask for?


I enjoyed getting back to hiking again as the weather was getting warmer.


In June it was time to celebrate the Scandinavian holiday Midsummer's Eve with wild flowers, a barbeque and strawberry shortcake.


The Pan Am Games came to Toronto during the summer of 2015 and the city was filled with people from all over the world.


We took a trip to New York City during the summer to celebrate my 30th birthday.


I love being able to sit outside all night long during the summer when it never gets cold.


One of my favorite things that we did during the summer was take many trips to Wasaga Beach,ON to go swimming in Lake Huron.


During the fall of 2015 I enjoyed hanging out by the lakefront and the marina.


I decided fall was the perfect time to get back to healthy eating again after a summer of eating a lot of burgers and ice cream.


My favorite workout during the fall was taking long bike rides along the lakefront.


It was great to be back to the city life after spending a lot of time relaxing in the country during the summer.


On a sunny fall day we took the ferryboat out to the Toronto Islands and spent the day relaxing in the park and enjoying the beautiful views of the city.



Then came December and it was time to start celebrating Christmas and look forward to a new year. As I look back at all the fun things I got to enjoy during 2015 I feel very blessed and thankful. The year also brought some sad news into our lives, like when we found out that a close friend of the family had passed away very suddenly. The adoption process we started during year 2015 also ended up taking a lot longer than we had expected.

Every new year tend to come with both great moments of joy and sad seasons of mourning. Life is a journey with both ups and downs along the road, but I find it helps to remind ourselves of all the good times to be able to hang in there during the harder times in life. No matter how hard the season of life we are in is it will pass eventually.

All the hard things we are going through in life also become easier to carry when we share our pain and suffering with other people. We are not meant to do this life alone. Let's make year 2016 a year when we choose to mourn with those who mourn and rejoice with those who rejoice, let's do this journey together!

No comments:

Post a Comment