Monday, March 27, 2017

Healthy Food for a Strong Body



One of my New Year's resolutions was to focus more on healthy eating. Three months into 2017 I can see the connection between planning and healthy eating in my life. On weeks when I take the time to look through recipes and plan a grocery list I have no problem making healthy choices. On weeks when I'm a little too busy and don't prioritize planning my meals ahead of time I end up eating more unhealthy foods.

Going grocery shopping without writing a list goes a lot quicker, but I come home with more unhealthy foods in my grocery bags. It takes time to look for new healthy recipes and to plan all my meals for the week ahead, but it's the only way that works for me. My favorite healthy breakfast at the moment is organic cereal with almond milk and blueberries.


My favorite healthy snack is green apples dipped in all-natural almond butter.


On the weekends when I'm out and about in the city I like to grab lunch at Freshii.


The Hawaiian Poke Bowl and the Vegan Chili are my favorite healthy lunch choices at Freshii at the moment.


A protein-rich smoothie is my favorite afternoon snack. I like to blend together plant-based protein powder, vanilla almond milk, raspberries, blueberries, banana and agave.



On the weekends I like to treat myself to whatever I want at dinner time, without focusing too much on healthy eating. I'm in a pasta phase right now and I love spending time with friends and family over a tasty dinner at Il Fornello. I prefer to eat as healthy as possible during the weekdays so that I can treat myself to pasta, pizza and dessert on the weekends and still have a balanced diet. This past weekend I decided to treat myself to a big slice of Red Velvet cake at Baton Rouge on Saturday. I love cake!


No comments:

Post a Comment