Tuesday, January 23, 2018

Relationship Goals





It's been five years since my husband and I got married and every year we keep learning new things about marriage and love. It's our aim to keep growing in love every year and get better at being a wife/husband. One of the main things that help us succeed in our marriage is learning from other people who have successful and healthy marriages. Nobody grows in isolation, as we open up our marriage to other people who can speak their advice and wisdom into our lives we keep seeing growth every year.

I've personally learned a lot about love and marriage from my parents who have been married for 32 years. But whether we have good role models in our parents or not, we can all learn about love and marriage if we seek wisdom. I knew already before I got married that around 50% of marriages end in divorce, so I wasn't going to be passive in my marriage. Knowing what it takes to build a healthy marriage and then applying the wisdom we've learned is crucial to success.

Every time I argue with my husband I can spot a few areas in my own behavior where I know what to do, but I've been avoiding applying the wisdom. Knowledge is key, but applying what you've learned is equally important. Unless we apply what we've learned about relationships we continue to be stuck and keep repeating our old mistakes.

In part 5 of the series Relationship Goals at Transformation Church pastor Michael Todd interviews married couples, single people and a few couples who are dating. Each couple gets transparent and share wisdom that helped them build a healthy relationship and find contentment in their current stage of life.


No comments:

Post a Comment