Thursday, August 11, 2016

#bodygoals





Stephanie Zerwas gives an interesting TED talk about how social media affects how we view our bodies. Stephanie is a clinical psychologist and an expert on the genetics of eating disorders and body image in the age of social media.

We find ourselves in the middle of a big "social experiment" called social media at the moment, but it's easy to forget to question this new lifestyle. Every now and then I try to ask myself questions like: "What parts of my life has gotten better and what parts has gotten worse after I started using social media?", "Do I need to establish some new personal boundaries on social media to feel better about my life and the world around me?" 

We need something to base our decisions on so I find it helpful that more and more researchers are choosing to look into how social media affects our view of ourselves and others. Stephanie Zerwas shares some of the findings from her own research in this video.


No comments:

Post a Comment