Tuesday, May 3, 2016

Natural Beauty




This is a picture of me in the process of getting ready before Church on Sunday morning. Sometimes I hate that it takes 10 times longer for me to get ready than it takes for my hubby to get ready in the morning. It annoys me that us women are taught from an early age that we need all these beauty products that men apparently don't need to look good. Okay, I admit, I do need a hairbrush as you can see from the picture. My husband clearly does not need a hairbrush.




On the other hand there are so many beauty products that women are taught that we must use to look presentable. I guess in the end it all comes down to keeping the beauty industry fed, we need to keep shopping. It annoys me that natural beauty is accepted when it comes to men, but women are constantly encouraged to change the way they look to be considered beautiful.

My beauty routine got much more simplified after I went on my minimalism journey so nowadays I probably shop about 50% less beauty products than I used to buy four years ago. I save time in the morning by wearing a minimal amount of make up during the week, usually only lip-gloss, concealer and blush. On weekends I like to dress up a bit more and use eye shadow, mascara and an eyebrow pen. I have never gotten used to using a blow dryer, I always let my hair dry naturally after I wash it.


No comments:

Post a Comment