Monday, May 16, 2016

Together we rule the world





It's quite obvious that us humans carry a huge responsibility on our shoulders, to rule the world together. Humans are the most powerful of all species on the planet so we can't escape the need to really think about how we choose to live. The message in the Bible is that God created people to subdue the Earth and rule over it according to God's perfect standard, but us humans decided to rather do our own thing.


I talked about this topic with a friend once and she said: "Sometimes I wish God hadn't given us humans free will. Think about how much easier life would be, there would be no war, no murder and no hate if we could only do good and didn't have the choice to do evil." I agreed with my friend, at first thought it sounds like a nice life, but on second thought I don't think I would like having lightning strike me every time I do something sinful.


Imagine waking up to your house being full of frogs or insects the morning after a really sinful day when you refused to do life God's way (like Pharaoh in the Bible). I think I pick free will after all. On the other hand, free will comes with huge responsibility and the human experience is "no walk in the park". I'm thankful that God sent us the Holy Spirit as our comforter and guide, because I sure would not want to take on this adventure called life on Earth all alone.



No comments:

Post a Comment