Tuesday, May 31, 2016

The Capsule Wardrobe





I've been using a capsule wardrobe for the past two years now and what I appreciate the most with having a capsule wardrobe is that it helps me stay away from unnecessary spending. This spring I needed to buy some new clothes and came to the conclusion that I needed three new tops. After I had written down a list of all the pieces that I will include in my capsule wardrobe for spring-summer I realized that I didn't need to buy more than one new top. We often tend to overestimate how many new things we need and forget what we already have.

Having a capsule wardrobe also makes getting dressed in the morning a lot easier and faster. I have so few pieces in my closet that I have a good sense of what goes with what. This year I have 33 pieces of clothing in my closet (not counting my workout clothes, underwear or bags). I include 26 pieces in my six month capsule wardrobe, which leaves 7 pieces out that are "resting" and waiting for the next season.

Coco gives an example of what a capsule wardrobe can look like in this video. Every person's capsule wardrobe will look very different since we all have our personal style and prefer different colors, patterns and styles etc.


No comments:

Post a Comment