Monday, November 21, 2016

Marriage Mentors





We know that about half of all marriages end in divorce, so it’s safe to say that a good marriage isn’t something that just magically appears, it seems to take a bit of effort. During my years as a married woman I’ve learned that strong marriages don’t just happen, they are built. Every year my husband and I read a book about marriage to make sure we continue to grow as individuals and as a couple. Over the past four years I have learned that every marriage needs to be cared for and prioritized to ensure it stays healthy and flourishing.

I like to learn new relationship skills from reading books but I also like to have what I call “Marriage Mentors”. My parents and friends who have been married much longer than me are my marriage mentors, I can learn many things from them. I also have three other couples who I consider my marriage mentors: Craig & Amy Groeschel, Francis & Lisa Chan and Steve & Charlotte Gambill. Craig and Amy have written a book about marriage called From This Day Forward which is one of my favorite books. Francis and Lisa have also written a great book on marriage, the book is called You and Me Forever.

Steve and Charlotte Gambill are Lead Pastors at Life Church in the UK and they are my favorite Instagram couple. I love all their funny family pictures on Charlotte’s Instagram. You can tell that even after two kids and 24 years of marriage Charlotte and Steve are still very much in love with each other. Charlotte Gambill talks about her marriage in the video above and mentions a few lessons she had to learn on the journey with Steve.


No comments:

Post a Comment