Tuesday, October 4, 2016

My life is in your hands





I was talking to my husband last week about how sometimes I’m afraid that if I make the wrong choices in life I might end up ruining my future. My wise husband said: “You won’t, as long as you follow God He will take you to the place in life where you are supposed to be. I have found that it’s when I try really hard to have it my way in life that I tend to mess up my own life, but when I trust God and follow his will for my life I always end up in a good place.”

My husband’s advice reminded me of a quote that one of my friends had shared on Facebook: “Are you afraid you have ruined your purpose in life, don’t worry friend, you are not that powerful.” Sometimes when life feels overwhelming it’s usually because we forget that life isn’t in our own hands, it’s in our Heavenly Father’s hands. I will definitely make many foolish choices in life and do things I will regret later, but no matter how far I stray from my purpose in life God will always bring me back to where I need to be eventually. I know this to be true once I stop to think about it for a minute.

There have been many times in life when I’ve wanted something really badly but no matter how hard I’ve tried to take that route in life I’ve experienced one closed door after another. Then there have been other times in life when something completely unexpected has happened to me that I thought would lead me down a very difficult path, but in the end it wasn’t as difficult as I thought it would be. God seemed to open all the doors for me and He kept removing obstacle after obstacle right in front of my eyes. It’s easy to feel overwhelmed when we think that it's all up to us to “get it together” and make the right choices in life, but we need to remember that we are not walking through this life alone.

Fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you. I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.”
Isaiah 41:10

Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the LORD your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”
Deuteronomy 31:6 NIV



No comments:

Post a Comment