Monday, October 31, 2016

My Morning Routine




Sunday mornings are my favorite. I start my day with going to church and then I like to go for brunch either at some restaurant or make my favorite brunch recipes at home. Yesterday I had a bad hairday so I put my hair in a ponytail, the hairdo that always saves the day when I don't want to get up extra early to wash my hair. I like to have small habits that make life easier in the morning. Another one of my habits is to have very few outfits available to pick between which makes getting dressed easy. I spent so much of my time thinking about what I should wear in my twenties, now in my thirties I like to keep it simple. I know what I like and I stick to these things no matter what colors or styles are in fashion.



Brunch at Cora's. A well made latte, crepes, eggs and bacon made my day.



On Weekdays my morning routine is less exciting. I start my day with bad news, followed by some good news. First I read the newspaper which always includes some really depressing news, sexual assault on the public transit and murders in a nursing home, it's a very broken world we live in. I then spend some time reading a devotion with a few Bible verses in A Fresh Infusion of Joy by Sheila Walsh, this book always gives me some good news that restores my hope, peace and joy. After a second cup of coffee I'm ready to take on whatever challenges the day brings.


No comments:

Post a Comment